Tuesday, February 16, 2010

rejections

Do you believe that you have to stay away from the ones you love just to reach your dreams??
It happened to me... once? twice? i didn't really count it... the only thing i know is: i want to be myself... i want to be free to do whatever i love to do... i could say that in this situation i have to choose whether i'm gonna be selfish by choosing to fight for my dreams or staying with the people i love and "bend" my dreams... 
Difficult choices, huh?? YES, they are... 
I read through Jo's latest post before and i do love it... what she typed there is the thoughts i have on mind for years... i guess, everyone knows how difficult it is to do something you don't like to do... 
Can you imagine how does it feel like when the things you requested are all rejected only because of different point of views and you're at the weak position?? i went through it... or i should say, i grew from it... 
Simple example, when i was 12 (or around that age) i asked for piano course... it was rejected and they sent me to chinese language course instead of piano course... alright, it was around 10 years ago... but now, i'm having my own piano and i speak chinese pretty well... 
rejections are not nice... THEY ARE NOT!! but, the thing i do realize that there're reasons behind those rejections... there're things i could learn from that...i.e: a rejection helps me to keep my focus on what i'm doing...
one more thing i want to share:
"things that you want aren't always the things you need... and the things you hate could be the things you would need someday..."


-Jezz

No comments: