Tuesday, April 27, 2010

3 Questions

When I had nothing to do yesterday, I read this book "Si Cacing dan Kotoran Kesayangannya"... I don't know what's the English title of the book, but I'm sure that book has the English version... It's a (sort of) life philosophy book of Buddhist teaching.. I'm not a Buddhist, but I think it's not a mistake if I take some good points from the teaching and apply them in my life... 
When I reached chapter 54 of the book, there are 3 questions being asked:
1. When is the most important time?
2. Who is the most important person?
3. What is the most important thing to do?


Before I continue reading that chapter, I tried to find my own answers for those 3 questions...
And these are the answers given by the writer of the book (who is a monk and it did change my point of view):
1. When is the most important time?
Book said: We all know the answer of this question, but it's frequently forgotten... The most important time for us is NOW... It's the only time we have... If you want to tell people how much you love them, how thankful you are from what they have done for you, do it NOW... Not tomorrow, not 5 minutes later... Because it could be just too late... If you need to apologize to some people, do not think about the reasons... Do it NOW... It could be the only chance you have, so use the moment... 
Jess said: I posted something about time before, do not postpone anything... We don't know how long this life would be... So, use the time wisely, it's limited... Even if we have a long life to live, it doesn't mean others also do... Remember my old post titled irreplaceable?? There are only one you, one me, one him and one her in this world, tell them if you love them whenever you have the chance, before it's too late...
Every second we have is precious, like what I quoted from HM's blog: "Be proud in every second given"...





(I watched this when I was in Bandung at the beginning of this year, this guy sang it better than Ronan Keating and Garth Brooks did... I cried when I saw this at the 1st time, it's so touching...) 


2. Who is the most important person?
Book said: Not many people can answer this question, it might take some hours or even days just to answer it... The answer is: the most important person is the one you're being with... Love and communication could only be shared with the person/people who's (are) with you, no matter whoever (s)he is/ they are... (S)he is/ they are the most important people for you at that moment... This is not only applicable to personal relationships, but also in business partnership... Whenever you are in a business meeting, the most important person for you at that moment is your business partner, who might effect your sales and income... 
We spend most of the time in this life being alone, that is why the most important person for us is the person we're being with, which is ourselves...
Jess said: The last sentence sounds selfish to me, but I have to admit that it's the fact... I spend most of my time locking myself in my room... I do things for my own goodness... I guess, it's normal when you want all the best thing for yourself because you think that you are important, as you are the one who live your life... And true, I could feel that the most important person for me is the one I be with at that moment... For example, when I was on the phone, the most important person at that time is the person I was talking to...


3. What is the most important thing to do?
Book said: The most important thing to do is CARING... Caring means to be careful and to care... This answer shows that the most important thing is to understand the origins of ourselves... 
Jess said: I don't really understand the last sentence... I think I need to spend some more times to think what that really means... What I found in a reality is, caring could mean a lot for me and people around me... To care means to support, to understand, to listen to others, etc... How does it feel when you know that there is somebody cares about you? It's nice, isn't it?? Sometimes, being carefree isn't acceptable because to CARE is FREE... Concern and love are the only free things we could give to people (though sometimes we have to spend times and phone credits just to show people that we care about them)... Remember, caring is a mutual thing... So, don't blame people if they don't care about you because of your carefree behavior...


-Jezz
如果我有一个机会告诉你...

No comments: