Thursday, April 22, 2010

last day

Tomorrow is going to be my last day working at the company I've been working at for a year plus... I feel weird... I dunno if I should be happy or not... I remember how I complained so much about this job, how it's not relevant to the field I studied and how boring it is... 
Two days ago, my deputy GM asked me whether i would visit them again or not... Another manager asked me which number I would be using after tomorrow, to make sure he could still contact me... My laboratory manager came to my desk and asked me, "I heard that you're leaving soon, WHY??"...
Then the general manager, my boss, who I used to share thoughts to... He was shocked when he knew tomorrow would be my last working day, he was like "What?? Tomorrow?? So fast?? Alright, I'll buy you lunch tomorrow... We all go out for lunch tomorrow...", and said "Think about this again, we would be really happy if you still join us, remember all the nice people here..." 
Well, to be honest, the people are all nice there (though sometimes they put so much pressures on me - as I am the only person who understands Indonesian, English and Chinese in the office)... They treated me nicely... 

I'm talking to Dj at the moment, telling him how I feel right now... He reminded me about my first days working there, when me and him talked craps everyday (8am-5pm)... I was still on my old desk with my old computer... After a month of working, they got me an assistant and bought me a new PC... A year has passed, like my senior said to me "time flies"... So today, I uninstalled all the messenger from my PC, iTunes as well... I should pack my stuffs up from my desk tomorrow... Sad though... I cried just now, a bit... >,<
I went out this evening to buy something for the managers and some staffs there as a farewell gift... 

After thus long, I could count my office as one of my comfort zones (I never realized it after Dj told me)... I couldn't stay there forever, I need to step out the comfort zone to grow... I need to grow and learn more things out there... Growing is painful... To be grown up, I have to feel the pains...

-Jezz 要加油

2 comments:

Yoan Ricardo Sinaga said...

Growing is painful... To be grown up, I have to feel the pains... >>> *touched

Unknown said...

It just felt... weird.... it's always been like that... and you must have felt the same way it was when you had to leave ur lovely room in melbourne.. :)

加油!!!がんばっれ!!